Friday, June 30, 2017

Mid-Year Bookish Report

Hi bibliovores! Happy Friday! Happy (almost) July! I love July. 

No review today, sadly. I've had a very busy week, and I had no time to read or review. I'm moving out of my apartment - today is my last day - and I've been busy packing, cleaning, hauling, etc. On top of that, I started my new job last week and I'm not used to my new sleep schedule yet. I need to go to bed earlier, given how much earlier I've been waking up!

Anyway! We've reached the mid-year point! So I'm going to do a reading check-in, like I did last year on July 1st. How have I been doing, in reading? In reviewing? What have I been reading?

Here we go!


Number of books read (so far):

79.  (As compared to last year at this point, which was 93, I've been doing poorly!)

Age level (so far):

28 Adult books.
3 New Adult books.
48 Young Adult books.

Average rating (so far):

3.65

Ratings (so far):

- Number of 1-star reviews: 2
- Number of 2-star reviews: 6
- Number of 3-star reviews: 14
- Number of 4-star reviews: 53
- Number of 5-star reviews: 4

Number of posts (so far):

Including this one, 218.

Favorite YA books (so far):



Favorite New Adult books (so far):



Favorite adult books (so far):





YA books publishing in the second half of the year that I can't wait to read:

(Some of these I have. But I've read none of these.)



Adult books publishing in the second half of the year that I can't wait to read:

(Some of these I have. But I've read none of these.)




Favorite book mail (so far):


Honestly I'm blessed to have a lot of great weeks in terms of book mail. I could list nearly every Saturday and describe exactly why I was so happy with the mail I received that week. But I think May 13th takes the cake - it's an amazing haul. Specifically, I was so excited to finally receive a copy of Fanfare that I had bought. Ahdieh collection = complete!

Favorite Swoon Thursday (so far):

    

This was hard because I've shared so many great swoons! YA books are getting swoonier and swoonier (yay)! So I chose three to feature. :D

Favorite Science in Fiction post (so far):


I loved writing about global climate change and its impacts. 


That's all I've got for today! What do you all think of my mid-year status so far? What are some of your favorite books so far? 

17 comments:

  1. Ooh you sounds super busy Alyssa! Hope everything is working out with the new place :D

    (And lol, I love how your fave NA books were the only NA books you've read haha)

    I can't wait for you to read The Duchess Deal, it's another hit for Tessa Dare. All the swoons and sweetness wrapped up together. :)) Omg, I also can't wait for The Buried Heart (last book in the trilogy!!) and The Knowing (which, I had no clue The Forgetting wasn't a stand-alone tbh). You've read way more books than I have for the first half of the year LOL. :P Yay for all the rest of the awesome books coming out soon!

    - Aila @ One Way Or An Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a phenomenal amount of books to read with the schedule you've had AND graduating. Kudos to you! Congrats on the job.Are you excited about it? Never fun to move out of a place and into another. Seems like you find all sorts of things you forgot you even had, and now need to find a place for. lol Will you be staying in Baltimore? Hope your weekend is a good one! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had a pretty busy year with graduating, starting a new job, and moving so I think the amount of books that you read is great! You are kicking butt! Flame in the Mist is one of my favorite books of the year so far too...Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde is probably my absolute favorite read of the year so far tho. It's so cute. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God! I can't get over the fact that you've read 79 so far! I mean, I've read only twenty-something, so you are #goals
    I haven't read any of your fave books, and I feel like I need to fix that.
    I hope everything's amazing in your new place! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow. You have been busy!

    I also loved Letters to the Lost. I want to read What to Say Next so bad. You're making me want it even more! LOL

    I am also looking forward to War Cross. And I want to read the first book in The Sea King series.

    Here's to a great second half of the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving is totally draining I find because you are sorting through your stuff plus trying to pack. Also, starting a new job and getting on a new schedule is challenging. I hope all goes well and you get settled in quickly!! Great review of everything that you have read! I can't wait to read What To Say Next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I've said it already, but congrats on the new job!!! Good luck with the move - I just moved and ugh, it's so tiring and draining and exhausting -_- Of the books you mentioned, I'm super pumped to read Daughter of the Pirate King and Elizabeth May's trilogy - they look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your overall reading total may be down, but the numbers are still amazing considering all you had going on with school. Changing schedules is so tough. Hopefully you'll adjust soon. Love seeing your lists of favorites in all the categories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 79?! Wow, that's amazing. I'll be checking out your favorites and see what I could add in my TBR. Good luck with your move and on your new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been really busy this year and you have still been able to get so much done. A few of your favorites would also be on my list. I hope your second half of the year is just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't had much luck with my YA reads this year so far, though there have been a couple standouts. The Valiant is one of my favorites too!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome books you've read. I'm curious, though, which ones of hour five starred books from last month?
    Anyway, have a wonderful month in July. Enjoy your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great bookish half year report. I also loved reading Katee Robert, Kerrelyn Sparks and Mary Wine. Undeclared was a fun book wasn't it? I loved the characters so much in that one. I am super excited for C.L Wilson's new book, but I also don't want to get my hopes up too much since the pub date has been delayed a few times. I am looking forward to Duchess Deal though, even though I have struggled with Dare on her past few books, the blurb sounds too tempting to resist. And how did I not know about Beautiful Lawman by Jordan coming out this year?? Now I can't wait for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woo! You're seriously amazing, though, Alyssa. I can't imagine managing to post every. single. day. And yet you do! As for the reading, you're still beating me! (I'm at 63, I think? And that includes some picture books from work!)

    I just read Flame in the Mist and LOVED it, so it found its way onto my favorites so far. But I had to read your Swoon post, just because THAT SCENE! And yay The Knowing and Jane, Unlimited! (I can't believe you haven't read that yet, though!) And NEW TESSA DARE!

    I'm going to go look at your five star reviews, because you give them so rarely, to see if they're things I need to read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's smart to compare your reading habits from year to year, I have no idea where I was last year. Haha. I can't wait for Watercross!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! 79 books already! It's way better than how I have been doing! And I definitely can't wait to check out Flame in the Mist soon!

    Here’s my Mid Year Book Stats!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh :D I love this post so so so much. <3 Hugs. You are amazing Alyssa :) And gosh damn, you have still read lots and lots of books. <3 I'm just under 50.. ugh. So slow this year :\ But YAY for having read so many amazing ones :D And so so many four stars. I have read more bad than good this year :( Feeling so so sad about it. Ugh. But yessss. Cannot wait to read so many of those books too :D Ahh.

    And ahh, moving! Hope it went okay sweetie :) You are awesome. And hope the new job is still going great. <3 All the hugs :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!