Thursday, June 29, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#231): Wesley James Ruined My Life by Jennifer Honeybourn


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Wesley James Ruined My Life by Jennifer Honeybourn!

(I'm giving you all most of the scene because I love it SO MUCH!)

Wesley brushes past me. He sets the letters on my desk and picks up the balloon, a strange expression crossing his features. "You saved it?" he says.

My face is on fire. Saving that balloon, well, it's basically a declaration of my feelings for him. And I'm pretty sure he knows it. "Oh, um. Yeah. I did."

Wesley's staring at me intently. The air between us is so charged, the hair on my arms is standing is up. "Why?" He asks softly.

I swallow. This is it. The moment. I can continue to run. Or I can go for it. But here's the thing: I'm tired of running. And really, I've got nothing left to lose. So I take a deep breath, and then I take the leap. 

"Because you made it for me," I say.

Wesley covers the length of the room in less than a second. He pulls me toward him and kisses me, and he's such a crazy, blow-my-socks-right-off amazingly good kisser that I practically melt into the floor. 

I can't even believe this is happening.

I am kissing Wesley James. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The balloon falls to the floor and my hands find their way to his shaggy blond hair, which is even softer than I imagined it would be. Wesley's hands are sliding up my back, bringing me closer, until there's no space between us left. We are all over each other and there is nothing "nice" about it, no wondering if this is right or if I like him. There is no thinking at all, just fireworks. 

Everything - everything - about this moment is perfect. And, like all the best things in life, absolutely worth waiting for.

- Pages 221-222



I adored this book, and the hate-to-love friends-to-lovers romance! This was a Swoon Reads winner. You can check out my review HERE. =)

11 comments:

  1. Aww what a cute swoon! I'll have to look into this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah that excerpt made me smile so much. It was super adorable! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I want this book even more! I knew this was my kind of book.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this book before, but that scene just sold it to me. How adorable! Plus, I'm loving that cover. It's so cute and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had seen this one but was so skeptical about it! This sounds so swoony!!
    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read this one!! Great swoon pick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful swoon! This sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh yes this is really such a cute swoon worth moment! I absolutely love it! Thank you for sharing it Alyssa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw :D Yay for lovely swoon. Do like this one ;p Thank you for sharing Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, this sounds amazing! I'm DEFINITELY going to be picking this one up ASAP. Thanks for sharing such a swoony scene!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Love your post. Just watched your first one :) and that's very awesome. http://aazae.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!