Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (#235): Shadowsong by S. Jae-Jones


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Shadowsong by S. Jae-Jones
Book Two of the Wintersong series
Publisher: Wednesday Books
Publication Date: January 30, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads):

Six months after the end of Wintersong, Liesl is working toward furthering both her brother’s and her own musical careers. Although she is determined to look forward and not behind, life in the world above is not as easy as Liesl had hoped. Her younger brother Josef is cold, distant, and withdrawn, while Liesl can’t forget the austere young man she left beneath the earth, and the music he inspired in her. 

When troubling signs arise that the barrier between worlds is crumbling, Liesl must return to the Underground to unravel the mystery of life, death, and the Goblin King—who he was, who he is, and who he will be. What will it take to break the old laws once and for all? What is the true meaning of sacrifice when the fate of the world—or the ones Liesl loves—is in her hands?



I've read Wintersong. I desperately wanted a sequel. But y'all, I'm mostly here for this book's COVER. Holy guacamole, it is gorgeous! We thought Wintersong's cover was breathtaking! *dead*

25 comments:

  1. Yesss :D This cover is SO PRETTY. <3 I still haven't read book one.. but I should. Soonish. Probably :) Hoping this sequel will be awesome, though. Fingers crossed you'll love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover of this book is very beautiful! Still need to read the first book, though. As usual. lol <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice cover. Glad you got your wish for the sequel.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you that cover is gorgeous! I hope you enjoy this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG YES, JJ got sooo lucky with her covers, they are absolutely stunning! And I am also dying to read this after the way Wintersong ended. Fabulous pick :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree! So eager for this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap that cover is stunning! Like you said, I thought Wintersong's cover was great, but this cover blows it out of the water! I don't know if I'll read this series, but the covers sure are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAAAASS!! I haven't read Wintersong yet, but I AM DESPERATE TO!! And both covers are beyond stunning - I just LOVE them <3
    Awesome pick, Alyssa!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't read the first one in this series yet. My TBR pile is HUGE right now. This cover though is gorgeous.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. YESSSS I'm so unbelievably excited for this one! I ADORE the cover and I can't wait to see what happends to Liesl =D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, I haven't seen this cover until now! I still need to read my copy of Wintersong but I'm so looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never read the first one but OMG this cover is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still haven't even read the first book...I'm slacking. lol! Maybe I will wait to buy the first one until I see how much people like the first one. haha That cover is so pretty! Hope you love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yesss, this is so gorgeous. I might have cried if they'd changed from the original cover style because it was just so pretty! They match so beautifully! Great pick, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still need to read Wintersong. Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. The first book didn't really work for me so I don't think I'll be continuing, but I hope you enjoy it! I gotta say, that cover is gorgeous though! :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is an amazing cover- totally agree! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cover of this one is stunning! I haven't read the first one in this series, but I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had mixed feelings about book 1 but hopefully book 2 will be even better. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cover is amazing! I still need to read the first novel, it is next on my TBR

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm also really looking forward to this one! And I totally agree - that cover is divine! I also loved the cover for the first book and I like that they are keeping a similar trend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read Wintersong yet. I should but TBR queue... T^T

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pick! That is such a beautiful cover but I still need to read Wintersong.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!