Welcome to Week Twenty-Three of Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens! To see more details about Sweet Talk as well as previous posts, see the introduction post. Thanks to Charlene (Bookish Whimsy), for designing the banner and button for Sweet Talk.
Today, I'm featuring the authors and books publishing during the week of June 7th!
1. Describe your debut novel in sixteen words.
2. Pitch your book! For fans of _____, _____ meets _____, etc.
3. What are you working on now – is it related to your debut novel?
Julie Hammerle, Author of The Sound of Us
1. Kiki wants the scholarship at the end of opera camp, but love gets in the way.
2. Pitch perfect at opera camp. Much nerdy! So swoon!
3. A YA Christmastime rom-com. It's unrelated to THE SOUND OF US.
Meg Leder, Author of The Museum of Heartbreak
1. Girl meets boy. Everything changes. Heartbreak ensues. (And there are some dinosaurs.)
2. For fans of Fangirl meets Why We Broke Up.
3. I'm working on a contemporary YA set in Ohio, where I grew up.
Jenn P. Nguyen, Author of The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
1. Two trashed reputations. One love contract. Zero regrets.
2. For fans of THE FILL IN BOYFRIEND meets TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE.
3. In an companion novel, basketball star, Sam Daniels, pretends to be gay to help his cousin score with the girl of his dreams.
Michele Bacon, Author of Life Before
1. His secrets revealed, Xander puts life on hold and flees. How will he handle “life after?”
2. A story about secrets and truth, great for fans of Laurie Halse Anderson and Mindi Scott.
3. I am editing a YA novel about ambition and an adult novel about grief.
Julie Eshbaugh, Author of Ivory and Bone
1. IVORY AND BONE is a sweeping fantasy set in prehistory with allusions to Pride and Prejudice.
2. Publishers Weekly calls it "an exciting and unusual adventure with emphasis on the power of storytelling."
3. I'm currently working on the sequel to IVORY AND BONE!
Lindsey Klingele, Author of The Marked Girl
1. Medieval teens come to 20th century Los Angeles; lots of swordfights, crushes, and eating cheeseburgers ensue.
2. Enchanted meets Game of Thrones, with a violence level somewhere between the two!
3. I'm working on the sequel to The Marked Girl -- saying goodbye to these characters is much harder than anticipated.
(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads!)
Other Sweet Sixteens Books Publishing This Week:
(Click on the cover to go to Goodreads!)
- Finished copy of The Museum of Heartbreak
- The Way to Game the Walk of Shame swag
- Life Before swag
- Ivory and Bone swag
- Finished copy of The Marked Girl
- Genesis Girl swag
- An ARC of Mirror in the Sky
- The Distance to Home swag