Welcome to Week Thirty-Nine of Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens! To see more details about Sweet Talk as well as previous posts, see the introduction post. Thanks to Charlene (Bookish Whimsy), for designing the banner and button for Sweet Talk.
Today, I'm featuring the authors and books publishing during the week of September 27th!
1. Describe your debut novel in sixteen words.
2. Pitch your book! For fans of _____, _____ meets _____, etc.
3. What are you working on now – is it related to your debut novel?
Paula Garner, Author of Phantom Limbs
1. A 16-year-old swimmer's childhood sweetheart reappears, forcing him to face the tragedy that drove them apart.
2. Wonder Years meets Paper Towns.
3. In my next YA contemporary, Relative Strangers, 18-year-old Jules discovers that part of her early childhood was spent in foster care. She sets out to find the family who cared for her, only to fall for her former foster brother.
Both books are standalones, but those who read Relative Strangers closely will spot a cameo appearance of a character from Phantom Limbs!
(Click on the cover to go to Goodreads!)
Other Sweet Sixteens Books Publishing This Week:
Phantom Limbs is the only one!
- Finished copy of I am Drums
- Digital copy of soundtrack of I am Drums
- ARC of The Cat King of Havana
- Poppy Mayberry, The Monday swag
- Ripple swag
- Stalking Jack the Ripper swag
- Finished copy of Phantom Limbs