Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#194): These Ruthless Deeds by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


These Ruthless Deeds by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
Book Two of the These Vicious Masks series
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Publication Date: March 14, 2017

Summary (from Goodreads):

England, 1883. Still recovering from the loss of her beloved sister, Evelyn is determined to use her powers to save other gifted people from those who would harm them. But when her rescue of a young telekinetic girl goes terribly wrong, Evelyn finds herself indebted to a secret society devoted to recruiting and protecting people like Evelyn and her friends.

As she follows the Society’s orders, healing the sick and embarking on perilous recruitment missions, Evelyn sees her problems disappear. Her reputation is repaired, her friends are provided for, and her parents are newly wealthy. She reunites with the dashing Mr. Kent and recovers the reclusive Mr. Braddock (who has much less to brood over now that the Society can help him to control his dangerous power). But Evelyn can’t help fearing the Society is more sinister than it appears...



So I didn't totally love These Vicious Masks. But I'm still excited to read its sequel!

33 comments:

  1. I didn't read These Vicious Masks, my TBR pile is high as the sky and it is there. Maybe I will just wait to binge read it. Hope the ssequel is as good as it sounds.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! There is so much to read, always! Thank you. ^_^

      Delete
  2. An interesting cover. I'm not familiar with this series. Hope you enjoy reading this installment.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Enjoy the rest of your week.


    Enjoy the rest of you week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read TVM yet, but It's on my list. I hope this sequel is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! I haven't read this series either but it does look interesting! Hope you enjoy this second installment once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I've seen this cover, so cool:-) I haven't yet read the first book, but I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's always nice to look forward to a sequel when you loved the first book:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read book 1 but I'm quite intrigued about the series, so maybe I'll start it once I see what you think of this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely let you know once I get the chance to read this one, Pili. :D

      Delete
  7. I wasn't in love with the first book either, but I did like it enough to continue the series. And I do want to see how things are going for the characters. Hope we'll enjoy These Ruthless Deeds :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! I enjoyed These Vicious Masks for the most part as well, so I'm looking forward to this sequel. I feel like I might need to skim the last few chapters of TVM though, I've forgotten so much already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah I still need to read These Vicious masks. I hope you enjoy this one more than the first. Great pick. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read These Vicious Masks. I hope you enjoy this book more than you did the first one.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never heard of this series, and I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the first book. However, I LOVE the cover of this one, and the plot sounds SO AWESOME!! Well, I do hope you enjoy this sequel more than "These Vicious Masks"! I'm adding "These Ruthless Deeds" to my Goodreads shelves! Thanks for the heads up!!

    Also, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my own WOW post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I enjoy it more too, Maria! I'm pulling for the series. :D

      Delete
  12. Oh yeah- a mysterious society that may be more than it seems. I'm in lol. I always love stories like that! This one is new to me but I'm glad I saw it- very promising. I love telekinetic powers too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm glad to hear that! I hope you enjoy book one and book two, Greg. ^_^

      Delete
  13. This looks SO good :D and that cover oh my goodness!!!! Adding this to my tbr pile <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been meaning to read this series for a while now. I love the cover art.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this book yet, but it seems like it would be a fun read. I've actually been looking to read more historical fiction and books set in the past, so I might have to check this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I love historical fiction in YA; have you read Robin LaFevers' His Fair Assassins trilogy? Sharon Cameron's books are historical fiction (kind of) as well. :D Happy reading!

      Delete
  16. Ah, not books for me, but do seem pretty interesting even so :D I hope you will love this one sweetie, despite not loving book one. <3 Lovely pick :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!