Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#196): Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Blood Rose Rebellion by Rosalyn Eves
Book One of an untitled series
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: March 28, 2017

Summary (from Goodreads):

Sixteen-year-old Anna Arden is barred from society by a defect of blood. Though her family is part of the Luminate, powerful users of magic, she is Barren, unable to perform the simplest spells. Anna would do anything to belong. But her fate takes another course when, after inadvertently breaking her sister’s debutante spell—an important chance for a highborn young woman to show her prowess with magic—Anna finds herself exiled to her family’s once powerful but now crumbling native Hungary.

Her life might well be over.

In Hungary, Anna discovers that nothing is quite as it seems. Not the people around her, from her aloof cousin Noémi to the fierce and handsome Romani Gábor. Not the society she’s known all her life, for discontent with the Luminate is sweeping the land. And not her lack of magic. Isolated from the only world she cares about, Anna still can’t seem to stop herself from breaking spells.

As rebellion spreads across the region, Anna’s unique ability becomes the catalyst everyone is seeking. In the company of nobles, revolutionaries, and Romanies, Anna must choose: deny her unique power and cling to the life she’s always wanted, or embrace her ability and change that world forever.



A debut! I admit, I've been trying to stay away from new series, to try and finish series that I've already started. But I can't resist this one!

19 comments:

  1. This one is also on my TBR and I love the look of it. The blurb sounds fantastic and the cover is beautiful too.

    My pic for the week is Timekeeper by Tara Sim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one that I am also excited about. It does look good.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! Been seeing a lot of this one lately! Love the cover for it! Will look forward to your review to help my decision making! LOL!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Jessica! Hopefully I get it for review early, I wouldn't mind. ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice pick! It's. truly hard to finish other series when new ones keep popping up every month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book and author are both new to me. I'm not sure it is for me, but I really hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one looks very intriguing! The cover alone makes me want to grab this title asap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had my eye on this one as well. Such a lovely cover and that blurb has me intrigued. Thanks for sharing. Hope we all enjoy it when it's released :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been trying to stay away from new series too but this one sounds so good!
    Emily @ www.rabbitholereviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL. Me too! I've been trying to finish series, rather than start them. This is one of just a few series starters that I'm willing to try next year!

      Delete
  9. Fantastic pick! I had this one for my WoW the other week. I'm really excited for it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pick sweetie :D I'm not sure about this one. But it do look gorgeous. I hope you will love it lots :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!