Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (#256): Nightblood by Elly Blake


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Nightblood by Elly Blake
Book Three of the Frostblood series
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: June 5, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads):

Ruby's world has changed more than she ever could have imagined. She's in love with a powerful Frost King. She's the heir to the Fire Throne. And she may be a Nightblood--the spawn of a vengeful deity hellbent on releasing his wraithlike Minax from their prison. Once freed, these beasts will roam the earth, devouring every last person until he or she is nothing but an empty husk. But Ruby is able to control the Minax to a degree, and now she, her beloved Arcus, and her friend Kai must find a way to bring Frostbloods and Firebloods--sworn enemies--together to make a stand against a foe more deadly than any they've faced.

In this heart-pounding finale of Elly Blake's gorgeously written and action-packed Frostblood Saga, the fate of Frostbloods, Firebloods, and all of humanity is at stake.



I'm cheating a little because I haven't read Fireblood (book two) yet, but I did enjoy Frostblood! Perhaps I'll binge-read the final two books. :D

26 comments:

  1. LOL, cheat away. I've been known to collect the books to a series without barely having started the first one.

    This does sound good.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It is sometimes easier to binge-read a series. :D

      Delete
  2. Yaasss!! Sooo cannot wait to read this one either!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't started this series yet but I'm planning to soon! I also just love the covers. Great pick, Alyssa! I hope you love book 2 and 3 when you read them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the books as well, Lauren! <3

      Delete
  4. Book three already? I swear Frost Blood just came out, lol. Clearly I've lost track of time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! Frostblood published in January, if I remember correctly!

      Delete
  5. I'm afraid I still have to read the first book in the series . . . but I really want to, especially since lots of people I know seem to enjoy this story quite a lot! I certainly hope you have a great time with this instalment & the second book ;)

    Thanks for sharing, here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should binge-read the series for sure, Silvia!

      Delete
  6. Binge reading is the best! Honestly, when it comes to a series I think that's the only way I read. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think I need to start doing that from now on. Less angst and pain!

      Delete
  7. I'm said I didn't enjoy the first book as much, but those covers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, I'm sorry! I also think the covers are awesome. :D

      Delete
  8. I really enjoyed Fireblood so definitely looking forward to this conclusion :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear! Happy reading, Eileen. ^_^

      Delete
  9. Ooh loving the cover. I haven't read any of these, but I hope you love the next two!

    -lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay so yes I can't wait. I haven't read book 2 yet it just came in the mail last week but I can't wait to read it and know this one is close by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember wanting to read Frostblood when it came out. I can't believe the third book is on the horizon already! I must have completely missed the news of number two :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the same way. I haven't read Fireblood either, but Nightblood is still on my TBR. I really enjoyed Frostblood, and I just want to collect the entire series. They're such pretty books.

    Thanks for stopping by Shell's Stories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fingers crossed you will end up loving book two and three :D I haven't read book one.. not really for me, I don't think, haha :) Lovely pick Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!