Thursday, November 30, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#253): Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West!


When I didn't stop he signed and said, "Fine. I guess our first kiss is going to be awful."

I had to purse my lips even harder to control my smile. I put my hands on his shoulders and stretched on my tiptoes. He rolled his eyes and pressed his tightly puckered lips to mine. It was just as bad as I knew it would be. I smiled and pulled away.

"See, it can only get -"

He slid his hand to the back of my neck and pulled me to him. His lips were soft this time as they found mine. He kissed me once, then twice, then ran his lips along mine. "Better," he whispered, finishing my sentence. 

- ARC, pages 363-364




This book was adorable! I love a good friends-to-more romance. This book felt more like "old-school" Kasie West and I loved it!

10 comments:

  1. Well, I am happy to see there is some swoon in this book. I have always appreciated West's cute approach to the romances, but I like swoon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that scene alone makes me want to read this asap!! I'm also glad to hear you enjoyed it so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to watch the characters discover their changing feelings. Definitely a swoon worthy moment.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've said it before, and I've said it here on your blog before, but I WILL READ A KASIE WEST one day. :) Your reviews make me NEED to read her work and adorable swoons like this reinforce that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, what a cute quote! Thanks for sharing, and I'm glad you really enjoyed this one.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable swoony moment! I really need to read more of this author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw I loved that scene! I'm looking forward to reading this. Thanks for sharing Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So swoon worthy! I need to read this one! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad that you liked this one so much. I keep hearing some good things about Kasie West.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, yay for cute swoon :D But.. first kiss that late in the book? :( Not for me, haha. But seems cute, even so :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!