Friday, November 24, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

This is a belated post - happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate! I had a great (but tiring) day with my family and I'm currently resting my feet as I type this post. I know Thanksgiving has passed buuuuuut I thought I'd share some of the food from the day!

Photo Credit: my sister Lily!

We had 14 people total, so we cooked a feast! We're Indo-Trinidadian so most of the food is Indian/Trinidadian food, but there were "neutral" dishes like baked mac n cheese, stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, and corn! The Trinidadian dishes included callaloo (spinach), roti (like naan), curry goat, curry chicken, curry channa, and curry mango.


I took this straight from my Insta story -- we were tired! It was a lot of cooking, washing dishes, setting up, serving, washing more dishes, and breaking down. Everything went really well!

I hope everyone had a lovely, safe Thanksgiving! The roots of the holiday aren't great but what it is supposed to represent is meaningful. I want to thank everyone who has supported me and this blog in some way - you all are amazing. Please know that I appreciate EVERYONE. Enjoy the time off and the good food!

7 comments:

  1. That table of food looks ah-mazing! That roti looks delicious! Job well done. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Thanksgiving, Alyssa! The food looks delicious!! I can definitely relate to the tiring aspect- once 9 pm hit last night all I wanted to do was go to bed lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Alyssa! The food looks amazing! I hope you're getting to relax and rest up today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Looks like you had fun cooking all that food hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Food looks yummy!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated thanksgiving sweetie :D I'm glad you had a great day. <3 Hugs. And ohh, all that different food looks so awesome :D I don't think I have tried any of it, lol. Norway has some very weird food too :) Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a great thanksgiving! Cooking is very tiring!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!