Welcome to Week Thirty-One of Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens! To see more details about Sweet Talk as well as previous posts, see the introduction post. Thanks to Charlene (Bookish Whimsy), for designing the banner and button for Sweet Talk.
Today, I'm featuring the authors and books publishing during the week of August 2nd!
1. Describe your debut novel in sixteen words.
2. Pitch your book! For fans of _____, _____ meets _____, etc.
3. What are you working on now – is it related to your debut novel?
Rahul Kanakia, Author of Enter Title Here
1. Overachiever is caught cheating. Loses her valedictorian title. Decides to connive her way back to #1.
2. GOSSIP GIRL meets HOUSE OF CARDS
3. Nope. Another standalone contemporary. This one is about a high school senior who sees two sophomores who are obviously in love and decides gently prod them into being together, but his efforts cause things to go terribly awry.
Kathleen Burkinshaw, Author of The Last Cherry Blossom
1. Yuriko loves her Papa, her best friend, discovers a family secret, then her world ignites.
2. [Alyssa edit: This is a very unique book! You'll have to read it to find out what it's similar to.]
3. MG Mystery, possibly.
(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads!)
Other Sweet Sixteens Books Publishing This Week:
These two are the only ones!
- Finished copy of Enter Title Here
- The Last Cherry Blossom bookmarks
- Signed hardcover copy of The Rat Prince
- Signed hardcover copy of Unscripted Joss Byrd
- Girl in Pieces swag