Welcome to Week Three of Sweet Talk with the Sweet Sixteens! To see more details about Sweet Talk as well as previous posts, see the introduction post. Thanks to Charlene (Bookish Whimsy), for designing the banner and button for Sweet Talk.
Today, I'm featuring the authors and books publishing during the week of January 19th!
1. Describe your debut novel in sixteen words.
2. Pitch your book! For fans of _____, _____ meets _____, etc.
3. What are you working on now – is it related to your debut novel?
Kathy MacMillan, Author of Sword and Verse
1. Romantic epic fantasy about prejudice, the power of words, and the consequences of following your heart.
2. For fans of Megan Whalen Turner, Kristin Cashore, and Rae Carson.
3. I'm working on a follow-up companion novel (from a different character's point of view) that explores the consequences of choices made in SWORD AND VERSE.
(Click on the covers to go to Goodreads!)
Other Sweet Sixteens Books Publishing This Week:
Sword and Verse is actually the only one!
January's prize (USA only) includes:
- Finished copy of Curio
- An ARC of Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Briggs
- This Is Where It Ends swag
- Bounders swag
- Two Kindle copies of The Distance From A to Z (for the winner and a friend of the winner!)
- An ARC of Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan
- Arrows swag
- Shallow Graves swag
- Waiting for Callback swag