Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

I hope everyone is having a fabulous holiday season, no matter what holiday you celebrate (or don't celebrate). My family and I celebrate Christmas, and it really is a wonderful time of year. Wanna see some of the desserts I baked?! :D

(Everything is homemade. I don't really like using premade mixes and whatnot. From scratch is the best!)

description

Chocolate chip cookies - I made four dozen on Monday, and seven dozen more on Wednesday - my family and neighbors ate all the ones I made on Monday!

description

Sugar cookies - gingerbread man, star, and tree shapes!

description

Homemade milk chocolate fudge!

description

Sugar-dusted snowball cookies! (My favorite)

description

Chocolate-covered pretzels!

description

Secret family cookies ;)

description

My mother's tradition - rum-soaked Trinidadian fruitcake, bundt style!


And of course, the food. That's another story. Trinidadian Christmases feature a ridiculous amount of food, Trinidadian and otherwise!

So! From me to you, happy holidays! I hope everyone has a safe and lovely time with family and friends :)

16 comments:

  1. Why don't I live at your house. Can you send baked goods? You should mail me baked goods. I will love you forever. Like I don't already.

    MERRY CHRISTMASSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I have to see if that can be done. I've never mailed baked goods before.

      Happy holidays!!

      Delete
  2. MERRY CHRISTMAS Alyssa :D I hope you are having the most amazing time. <3 I'm having a great one. Though I'm a little bit sick, so feeling bad :p but still the best :) Such gorgeous fooooood. <3 You are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! We're going to my aunt's house soon! I hope you feel better soon, Carina. Happy holidays!

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas, Alyssa!! Those goods look ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. Hope you are having a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teehee! I'm eating some now lol FINALLY I am free to eat my own baked goods :D Thank you!! Happy holidays!

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas Alyssa!! My bro and family have just left and I am in the sofa in a food coma! But still all those baked goods make me drool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FOOD COMA HERE I COME :O Hope you had lots of fun!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hope you had a wonderful day, Jillyn! Happy holidays!

      Delete
  6. wow, all of those cookies look SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think they tasted pretty great too ;D

      Delete
  7. That is some serious baking, and it all looks delicious. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Kel!

      Delete
  8. Yay! I love baking and I'm always happy to meet a fellow baker :) Hispanic holidays also include an immense amount of food and all of it make from scratch and all of it SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a wonderful (yum-filled) Christmas, Liza!

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!