Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#59): Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: July 15, 2014

Summary (from Goodreads):

The X-Men meets Ocean's Eleven in this edge-of-your-seat sci-fi adventure about a band of "super" criminals.

When the MK virus swept across the planet, a vaccine was created to stop the epidemic, but it came with some unexpected side effects. A small percentage of the population developed superhero-like powers. Seventeen-year-old Ciere Giba has the handy ability to change her appearance at will. She's what's known as an illusionist...She's also a thief.

After a robbery goes awry, Ciere must team up with a group of fellow super-powered criminals on another job that most would consider too reckless. The formula for the vaccine that gave them their abilities was supposedly destroyed years ago. But what if it wasn't?

The lines between good and bad, us and them, and freedom and entrapment are blurred as Ciere and the rest of her crew become embroiled in a deadly race against he government that could cost them their lives.



Um, I was sold at "X-Men" :D

32 comments:

  1. The X-Men meets Ocean's Eleven?? Count me in. Awesome choice. *Adds to TBR*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this one as well :) I saw it awhile back and immediately added it to my tbr. Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh that sounds exciting!! Haven't heard of it before! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one hopping up and down in excitement for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds different and exciting. I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does sound different! I hope so too, Sandra.

      Delete
  6. YES! So excited for this one! Definitely can't wait for the X-men cross Ocean's 11! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this one sounds so awesome, and right up my alley too! I can't wait to check this one out! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    My WoW: http://addictreaders.blogspot.com/2014/02/waiting-on-wednesday-43-plus-one.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Glad to hear it! You're welcome, Alicia.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like an interesting book :D I hope you will end up loving it when you read it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am such a sucker for superhero books. I just can't get enough of the, and this one looks great!

    Thanks for sharing a new book with me.

    My WoW Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well, I hope you read this one! You're very welcome, Michelle.

      Delete
  10. The X-Men meets Ocean's Eleven. That right there is more than enough to have you hooked!! Great choice!!

    Here is my WoW

    Have a great week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes! I saw this one for the first time a while back and forgot about it! Thanks for reminding me! I remember reading the blurb for the first time and thinking the same thing: X-Men? YES PLEASE! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, no problem! I'm glad you're interested!

      Delete
  12. I think you go gallivanting through catalogs looking for books to stump us! I've not heard of this, but, like you, sold at X-Men! It helped that the synopsis also mentions viruses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuppp, that's my goal ;D It's what I do with all the oodles of time that I somehow have - browse through endless book catalogs hehehe...


      But yeeahhh, it sounds good, right? I'm glad I've picked one that you haven't heard of. Now you have!!

      Delete
  13. I've not heard of this book. It definitely caught my attention when you said X-Men. The cover is definitely interesting.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds kinda intense! Great Wow choice. Enjoy it when you get it!

    Here’s My WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice pick! I've never watched X-Men, but I love Ocean's Eleven. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, then it's a good fit! You're very welcome, Andrea :)

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!