Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (#58): Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
Book One of the Midnight Thief series
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication July 8, 2014

Summary (from Goodreads):

Growing up on Forge’s streets has taught Kyra how to stretch a coin. And when that’s not enough, her uncanny ability to scale walls and bypass guards helps her take what she needs. 

But when the leader of the Assassins Guild offers Kyra a lucrative job, she hesitates. She knows how to get by on her own, and she’s not sure she wants to play by his rules. But he’s persistent—and darkly attractive—and Kyra can’t quite resist his pull.

Tristam of Brancel is a young Palace knight on a mission. After his best friend is brutally murdered by Demon Riders, a clan of vicious warriors who ride bloodthirsty wildcats, Tristam vows to take them down. But as his investigation deepens, he finds his efforts thwarted by a talented thief, one who sneaks past Palace defenses with uncanny ease.

When a fateful raid throws Kyra and Tristam together, the two enemies realize that their best chance at survival—and vengeance—might be to join forces. And as their loyalties are tested to the breaking point, they learn a startling secret about Kyra’s past that threatens to reshape both their lives.

In her arresting debut novel, Livia Blackburne creates a captivating world where intrigue prowls around every corner—and danger is a way of life.



Top five reasons why I want to read this book:

1. It is easily my most anticipated novel (debut or otherwise) of 2014 - I've been waiting for this novel for the better part of a year.

2. It is a fantasy novel. You all KNOW me and fantasy.

3. It is safe to say that Livia and I are author/blogger friends ^_^

4. I read, reviewed, and LOVED her prequel novella - Poison Dance.

5. LOVE THAT COVER!

40 comments:

  1. OOh nice! Haven't read this series but looks pretty awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting :D I'm glad you are excited for it! Hope you will love it sweetie. <3 Awesome pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Def on my list too cuz we're WoW twins today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I'm definitely excited for this one just from the sound of the fantasy aspect. It's been forever since I've picked up a good fantasy. Nice pick, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantasy is my favorite! I hope this is the one for you!

      Delete
  5. Great choice! I have POISON DANCE to read (it's coming up next in my pile, I think) and I am SO looking forward to MIDNIGHT THIEF.

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! It was a great novella. Hope you read and love Midnight Thief!

      Delete
  6. This one's been a really popular WoW! I'm really looking forward to reading this too, it just sounds amazing! Great pick, thanks for sharing (:

    Here's my WOW at Book Munchies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy this one. I just saw this one on someone else blog :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Me too! It will be a gorgeous finished copy :D

      Delete
  9. Wow, Midnight Thief looks great, the description sold me.
    Will definitely be reading this when it releases.
    Happy Wednesday <3

    Here's our WoW
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I've seen this a lot today and I really want to read it myself now! Thanks for sharing :) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've seen it at least three times O_O Incredible, no? You must be convinced by now!

      Delete
  11. Oh I've seen this one around before! And I definitely want to read it! I need more fantasy! It's been awhile since I've read one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not one to miss, if you're looking for a good fantasy read! Or so I've heard ;)

      Delete
  12. The cover is fantastic and this has been the pick of another blogger friend of mine, so I guess I really must check this one out when it releases!!
    Great pick, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHEEEEE SO EXCITED! Can we have this now, please? Especially so you and I can fangirl over it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES YES! We should do a readalong of this one and The Ring and the Crown!

      Delete
  14. AHH! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE EITHER! Just sent in a request for it today actually! AND YES THE COVER. SO INTRIGUING.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just recently got into reading fantasy and this one sounds so amazing! I cannot wait to get my hands on it!! Great choice, Alyssa! Hope you are having a fab week, my friend!! <33

    xo, Becca
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Fantasy is my favorite genre :D I hope you read and love this one, Becca!

      Delete
    2. I hope so too! Fantasy is quickly becoming one of my fav genres!! :)

      Delete
  16. Ohhh... fantastic choice! I love fantasy. Something about it just takes me away. Makes all my drama seems meaningless. :)

    Misty @ KindleObsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll really like this one then, Misty! And I know exactly what you mean ^_^

      Delete
  17. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds interesting. You sure are excited about it! I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really, really, REALLY excited, Sandra! Thank you!!

      Delete
  18. How have I not heard of this book before?? It definitely sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just recently learned about this one and it sounds like a unique fantasy with demon riders. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!