Thursday, February 20, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#56): Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Let the Storm Break by Shannon Messenger!


I don't know if this is a dream or a delusion - but I know what I want to use it for. I pull his face down to mine and kiss him with every ounce of the love and longing that I've held on to all these weeks.

He tastes sweeter than I remember, and the heat between us is more intense. surging through me like a desert storm as I part his lips and kiss him deeper. His sparks burn on my tongue as I let parts of myself pass to him - sharing everything. Making him mine. 

- eARC, 47%


Read my review HERE.


This was an okay sequel, but there were more swoons in this book than in book one! That was a plus :D

26 comments:

  1. I love a book filled with swoons. And that was quite a sweet one. Seems like she took control.

    Thanks for visiting my swoon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last line "making him mine"! I was going to start this series a while back, but mixed reviews made me a bit worried. Lots of swoons is definitely a plus though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great line! And I'm not completely sold (I didn't absolutely love book two), but I definitely will be reading book three.

      Delete
  3. Ohh! I love love love that teaser. <3 I really enjoyed this book :) Sigh. Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you did - and I'm glad! You're very welcome, Carina.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like my series. Definitely more swoons in book 2. At least more juicy ones, in my opinion. And I seriously hope that isn't a dream or delusion. If it is, I want dreams like that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was sweet...thanks for sharing! Mine might be a little spicy so if you're interested, check out My Swoon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that sounds sweet and sexy. I have yet to start this series so I am not fuller able to appreciate this swoon as I should. Never the less I hope you enjoy the rest of the ARC!

    My Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there is definitely an interesting context behind this swoon. Thank you, Sharrice!

      Delete
  7. Swoons make everything better haha. I still haven't read the first book, even though so many people loved it. Love the swoon you shared... sweet but spicy too!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. And if you end up reading the first and second book, I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful Swoon Alyssa! I love how she's making him hers!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh-kay, that certainly is swoon-worthy! I read mixed reviews on the first one and never read my ARC. I might have to go back to it, but the fact that this one was just 'okay', I'm not sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't tell you if it's worth reading both books right now - maybe wait until the third book comes out? I liked the first book, and mostly enjoyed the second one, and I'll be reading the third one. But maybe holding off is a good idea!

      Delete
  10. Oh yeah... Make him mine!! Now that's what I like to hear!!

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still need to start this series *sigh* but yay for more swoons!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for more swoons!!! Bummer it wasn't quite as good as the first though! I have this one for review, so I really need to read LTSF soon! I like the sparks flying literally! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of questions after that swoon. Guess that means this one goes on the TBR pile. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!