Thursday, February 27, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#57): Sekret by Lindsay Smith

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Sekret by Lindsay Smith!


"Perhaps not everything." I circle my arms around his waist. I'm hungry for escape. For freedom. For the music that swells between us. "I can think of a few thoughts to fill my head with."

I kiss him fiercely, my gloved hands gripping clumsily at his sides and his fingertips cradling my jaw. His thumbs trace my cheekbones as his mouth slips open and absorbs mine. We part to gasp for humid breaths that cling to our skin, shielding us from the sapping cold. Our eyes lock for a second before Valentin's lips inch up my cheek, to my earlobe, kissing it faintly. "Yulia," he whispers, savoring the vowels. "I'd follow you anywhere."

- ARC, page 254


Read my review HERE.


What do you all think?

15 comments:

  1. Nice swoon. I haven't seen this book before. Hope you're enjoying it.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swoon! I like it when a girl makes the first move :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been featuring a lot of those, it seems :D

      Delete
  3. Haha thanks for sharing this swoon! I ended up DNFing this one (not because there was anything wrong with the story, but just because historical fiction is a really touchy genre for me) so now I know who the love interest is, which is a plus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, yes, you and historical fiction, I remember. Well, I'm sorry to have sort of spoiled that for you, but if you end up finishing this one (I really hope you do), then you might enjoy the romance, at the very least!

      Delete
  4. Great swoon! Adding this to my TBR pile! I'm looking to add more historical fiction to my reading! Thanks!

    Here's My Swoon Thursday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! Glad to hear that! You're welcome ^_^

      Delete
  5. Aww I thought that was beyond sweet!!!! LOVE! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo I love sweet breathy kisses!! And cheek holding, always love some sweet cheek holding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww that last sentence made my heart melt.. too sweet! I haven't heard of this book before, but with a swoon like that deff one I need to look into!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! I love it. And I'm glad I could introduce it to you! If you read it, I hope you enjoy it ^_^

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!