Thursday, November 28, 2013

Swoon Thursday (#44): Control by Lydia Kang

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Control by Lydia Kang!


"Don't leave." His hand passes within an inch of my face to shut the door once and for all, and then slips to my cheek. My skin burns with electricity that even Micah couldn't generate. Only this time, there are no magic tricks involved.

I know we;re on the knifes edge of something and nothing, but nothing is all I've ever had. I don't know what to do. So I shut my eyes and turn away. Cy catches my arm to spin me around. Before I can inhale with surprise, his lips are on mine.

His mouth is warm and strong, and it sends waves of weakness down my spine. He breaks the kiss and I sway, unsure if my legs are still working.

"Don't leave," he repeats in a whisper.

I take a few breaths and hold on to the wall. I nod, the tiniest movement of my head, and just like that, I'm over the knife's edge and drowning in a sea of something. Cy encircles my waist with his arm and tilts his head down to find my lips again. We bump against the wall and there's no Micah, no horrors, no parental disappointments, nothing but this fire in my toes and knees and every inch of skin I possess.

I pull him closer, as if I could make his very molecules lock with mine and never let go.

Cy scoops me up and carries me over to his bed as if I weighed less than an ounce. We melt into the softness of his sheets, and the delicious weight of his body pins me to the bed.

- ARC, pages 252-253


Read my review HERE.


LOVED this book! Any scifi lovers out there? You WANT to read this one!

23 comments:

  1. Nice swoon. I haven't read to many scifi novels. Might give this one a try.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo swoony swoony kissing, no wonder it left her weak at the knees hehe!! I love the hand on the cheek move...gets me every time! I love sci-fi, how have I not heard of this one?! *adds to TBR* :D

    My Swoon


    ReplyDelete
  3. Major SciFi lover right here!! LOL. And hot swoon! I'll definitely be checking this novel out! :D Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXCELLENT! You will love this one, Kelsey. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Me, me, me! I am! LOL! Requesting from NG now! (Even though Penguin doesn't love me) But that was one hot kissing scene!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the "Lorien Legacies"...does that count? :) This does look good; I'll have to check it out. In the meantime, here's My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea! But I'm sure you'll enjoy this one, if you check it out.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Swoon Alyssa! I love how he asks her not to leave, and carries her to his bed! Plus the way he makes her feel is amazing! Great Swoon!

    Here's Mine:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2013/11/swoon-thursday-46.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sweet and hot at the same time, right? Love love love :)

      Delete
  7. Eeep I love this swoon! Such a great pick Alyssa! Definitely need to check this book out soon!!! Cy sounds completely sexy! Thank you for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when two people can get swept away in the moment and forget all of their problems and just get lost in each other. What a great swoon!

    Thanks for visiting MY SWOONS!

    Enjoy, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I always love when the guy says "dont leave" not sure why but I always love it! I love me some good sci fi so I will deff be checking this one out! Awesome swoon!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's sweet and endearing, and I feel like guys don't like to beg a little lol. I hope you love it, Teresa!

      Delete
  10. Oh I loved that! He wants her to stay!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!