Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Waiting on Wednesday (#317): A Dress for the Wicked by Autumn Krause


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:

A Dress for the Wicked

A Dress for the Wicked by Autumn Krause
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: August 7, 2019

Summary (from Goodreads):

The high-stakes fashion scene of a reimagined nineteenth century Europe takes center stage in this YA debut perfect for fans of The Belles and The Luxe.

Nothing much happens in the sleepy town of Shy in Avon-upon-Kynt. And for eighteen years, Emmaline Watkins has feared that her future held just that: nothing.

But when the head of the most admired fashion house in the country opens her prestigious design competition to girls from outside the stylish capital city, Emmy’s dreams seem closer than they ever have before.

As the first “country girl” to compete, Emmy knows she’ll encounter extra hurdles on her way to the top. But as she navigates the twisted world of high fashion she starts to wonder: will she be able to tailor herself to fit into this dark, corrupted race? And at what cost?

Historical fiction and contemporary fans alike will flock to this twisted, lush story of fashion, betrayal, and romance.



I think thissounds pretty cool! I've not read either of the comp titles, but I love historical fiction, so I'm ready to see what this is all about!

4 comments:

  1. Nice pick! I thought this was a Cinderella like story once I saw the cover and the title! Lol. Not sure that it's my kind of read but I hope you will love it once you get to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds different. And the cover is a work of art! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, this cover do look all kinds of gorgeous :D I love it. I hope you will end up loving this book if you get to read it sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!