Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Armchair BEA: Introductions


Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday! I know most of you are actually AT BEA, but I'm not, so this year, I am participating in Armchair BEA for the first time! Here I go with another blogging first!


Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? 

Well, my name is Alyssa, and I am graduating from high school tomorrow! I'll be attending Johns Hopkins University in August. I started blogging December 29th of last year, so I've only been blogging for five months (baby blogger?). I love blogging because I get to do more of what I already love to do (read and write opinions), and I get to network with people all around the world. That makes me all kinds of happy :)

Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures. 

Maryland, USA! Baltimore used to be known as The City That Reads :D

(No pictures, because I'm too lazy)

Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year? If you have not previously participated, what drew you to the event? 

I have not! I'm doing this event because it's my first year blogging, so why not make it my first time participating in Armchair BEA! Besides, next year, I might actually be going to BEA.

What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?

I am reading The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher. My favorite read of 2013... hmmm. Altered by Jennifer Rush.

Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

I'M GOING TO JOHNS HOPKINS, MY DREAM SCHOOL!!! But I feel like people who read my blog know this. When I started this blog this past December, I was halfway through the school year, and halfway through the college application process. So, consistent readers should have picked up my small hints along the way!

Name your favorite blog(s) and explain why they are your favorite(s).

I love Eileen from ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***, because she is super nice, and she was one of the people I asked for a small bit of help when starting my blog. Really, I did it by myself, but she answered any random questions I had!

Same goes for Annabelle at Sparkles and Lightning. She always has great reviews and organized posts, she's amazing, and she answered my random questions when I started my blog as well!

Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?

Umm... THIS one :D

If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?

Kristin Cashore and her character, Fire. I loved Cashore's book, Fire, SO much. It's one of my favorite books of all time. I'd love to meet them both and chat!

Also, Galen from Of Poseidon, Ryan from Dare You To, Cade from Faking It, Malachi from Sanctum, and Jase from My Life Next Door. Because, you know, they're all hot. And sweet. 

What literary location would you most like to visit? Why? 

Trespass Island, from Revel by Maurissa Guibord. It sounds creepy...

What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? 

Meeting all of the fantastic people! And feeling like I belong in something, and I'm doing it effortlessly. I may still be new, and not very well known, but the people that do know me treat me so nicely.

Is there anything that you would like to see changed in the coming years?

For Armchair BEA? I have no idea. I've never participated before this year. You let ME know! :)


So, have fun at BEA, those who are going! And for the rest of us, maybe we'll see you sometime!

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on Hopkins! It was fun getting to read more about you : )

    CeCe @ Steaming Mug of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I hope to get to more about YOU! Visiting your post now!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on getting into your dream school! This is my first year participating in Armchair BEA and I'm loving getting to know everyone.

    Here's My Introduction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And welcome! We'll be newbies together :D

      Delete
  3. I've been blogging for five months too! I'm loving it though, and it's great meeting all the other bloggers. I like how you picked Ryan from Dare You To, he's swoonworthy I'll give you that!

    My pick from Dare You To would be Isaiah, I really really like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And while I like Isaiah, I definitely LOVE Ryan ^_^

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the community, and to Armchair BEA--have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alyssa, and welcome to Armchair BEA. I have a copy of "Fire" sitting on my nightstand just begging to be read. I can't wait to start it!

    Congratulations on Johns Hopkins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to ABEA! It's one of the best virtual versions of a live event I've seen. I love that you chose Kristin Cashore & Fire as your dining companions. I haven't seen them listed before. I love her work as well. Tattooed Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, John Hopkins. That's exciting for you. I saw that you wanted to have dinner with Ryan from Dare You To - I loved him in that book.

    AH@Badass Book Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on graduating!!! Happy Armchair BEA!

    Freda's intro

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on getting into your dream school-Hopkins! You'll have a lot of fun there. :D I've heard some great things about The S-Word so have fun reading it.

    Have a great week participating in Armchair BEA. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it was pretty good! Review to come. You, too, Jess!

      Delete
  10. Congrats! My guess is you are going places! Enjoy the week of ABEA!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!