Sunday, October 21, 2018

Promo: The Burn Cookbook by Jonathan Bennett & Nikki Martin

Hello, friends! Today I'm sharing my love of Mean Girls, a.k.a. one of the most quotable movies of all time! Did you know that a parody cookbook has been created? You read that right - The Burn Cookbook is now available! Jonathan Bennett (a.k.a. Aaron Samuels) and Nikki Martin (amazing chef) teamed up to make this very fetch cookbook real.

(Huge thanks to Hachette for sending me a copy!)

This cookbook is publishing with great timing. Did you know that October 3rd fell on a Wednesday this year? On October 3rd, a certain boy asked a certain cute girl what day it was... and on Wednesdays we wear pink. So Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018 was a very big day!

Anyway, let me share some of the cookbook's clever recipes with you. This cookbook is filled with creative cooking that includes a lot of great Mean Girls references and puns. 


My favorite is "Get In, Loser, It's Desserts". Not just because I like the play on words, but also because I like desserts! Here's one - I'll share a peek of the recipe:


I loooooove cake. And rainbows. And smiles! This cake is pretty much perfect. And honestly not too challenging to make ! I'm not big on pink though. But the cake looks so yummy.

Here's another recipe - this one I found fascinating. Anybody here like beets? Okay, how about pizza? Anybody like beets ON pizza? This recipe, "Queen Beet-za", shows us that beets and pizza can go together. It's a weird concept, but also very cool. And very Mean-Girls-esque, given the color!


I am not a fan of beets but I kind of want to make that. But maybe not the whole pizza. Can someone make this and let me try a slice? 

And if you thought Jonathan Bennett/Aaron Samuels was cute back then...


... he's even cuter now. This cookbook is loaded with pictures of him making yummy treats. Score!

If you're feeling personally victimized by my post, you can buy a copy of the Burn Cookbook today! Links are below. You go, Glenn Coco!


About the Book:


The Burn Cookbook by Jonathan Bennett & Nikki Martin
Publisher: Grand Central Life & Style
Publication Date: October 2, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads): 

Real Recipes to Feed Your Inner Plastic 

THE BURN COOKBOOK is a hilarious, delicious must-have cookbook for chefs (and wannabes) everywhere! Jonathan Bennett (that's right, Aaron Samuels himself) dishes out a tasty parody of Mean Girls, serving up behind-the-scenes stories from the movie alongside awesome recipes for treats that your favorite mean girls should be enjoying in Girl World. Like math, the language of food is the same in every country, and this cookbook is packed with amazing creations like Fetch-uccine Alfredo, You Go, Glenn (Hot) Cocoa, and Just Stab Caesar Salad. Written with the help of rock star chef Nikki Martin, Jonathan also shares his favorite recipes from his own childhood, like his mom's famous stuffed shells, mandarin chicken salad, and other specialties that will round out any special event. Perfect for happy hour (don't forget it's from 4:00 to 6:00 PM), Wednesdays, or when sweatpants are the only thing that fits, THE BURN COOKBOOK is a must-own book for any food lover still trying making fetch happen.



Talk to me! What are some of your favorite cookbooks? 

2 comments:

  1. ooh I want this cookbook!! I love cookbooks so much though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not cook at all, haha :D Mom does all of that, haha. But this cookbook looks so very awesome :D And eee. I have seen Mean Girls so many times too; though it has been ages since the last time. Ack. I love it too, haha :D So glad you love it and yay for loving this cookbook. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!