Thursday, July 31, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#79): Deliverance by C.J. Redwine

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Deliverance by C.J. Redwine!


(From Logan's POV)

"We do. But not tonight. Tonight, I have other things to worry about." I lean down and kiss her again, keeping my hands gentle as I hold her, though there's nothing gentle about the way she holds on to me. "Tonight, I have you."

"You said I don't worry you." She traces my jaw with her lips.

"You don't." I'm breathing too fast. Or too slow. I can't tell, but my chest is tight and my pulse is racing, and I'm underwater again. If this is how it feel to drown, I can't wait to suck the water into my lungs and let it take me.

"You said I consume you." Her lips find the pulse on my neck and press while my heart hammers inside my chest.

"You do." My voice is rough.

"Prove it."

I smile as I hear the challenge in her voice, and then, as the moon drifts across the sky above us, I dedicate myself to the task of kissing Rachel until she runs out of air, and we drown together.

- ARC, pages 417-418


Read my review HERE.


What an excellent end to a fabulous series! Definitely one of my favorite YA series of all time.

13 comments:

  1. I have the first book in this series RIGHT NOW from the library...I might have to move it up my stack on my nightstand! :) Great swoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You will want to binge-read the series, Ashley!

      Delete
  2. I read the first book in the series a while ago, but I haven't had the chance to read the rest, but I absolutely loved the first book. And this swoon... Makes me want to read it soo bad!
    Great pick!

    My swoon: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/07/swoon-thursday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do a re-read, then binge-read the series... DO IT, ASEEL!!

      Delete
  3. *sigh*
    I love loved that part! I adore Rachel and Logan together!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I love a swoon from the guys POV. I've had this series on my TBR list for ages. I really need to get around to reading it.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They seem to be very good. You should definitely start the series, Marilyn!

      Delete
  5. Ohh, I love this teaser. <33 thank you for sharing sweetie :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow.... that was so sweet! Awesome swoon pick!

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, I love this! I haven't read this series yet but it's one I definitely want to binge. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really great fantasy series, Danielle! No insta-love or love triangle :D

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!