Thursday, July 3, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#75): The Fire Wish by Amber Lough

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Fire Wish by Amber Lough!


My hear beat a little faster. "It's still me," I said.

He smiled. It was like the sun rising after an endless night. "Then it doesn't matter what you are." He pulled me closer, and I was melting in his eyes. They were like jasper, green and brown, and they drew me in. He closed them, then placed his lips on mine. He was warm and tasted like cinnamon. 

His kiss was like transporting to another world, and it was just as frightening and exciting as my first trip to the palace had been. Every vein in my body flushed, knowing that he didn't care I was a jinni. I didn't have to pretend I was a human, or a princess, anymore. He pulled away and a lopsided smile spread across his face.

- ARC, pages 282-283



Read my review HERE.


I LOVED this book! Jinni for the win!

11 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so sweet. I haven't seen this book before or read a story with a Jinni in it. It sounds interesting. Might need to add it to my collection.

    My Swoon Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely add it to your TBR list, Marilyn!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love that swoon... that's right, it doesn't matter!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really nice swoon indeed! Yay for books with Jinnis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice swoon! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I really like that quote. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!