Thursday, September 21, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#243): Devils & Thieves by Jennifer Rush


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Devils & Thieves by Jennifer Rush!


(I've chosen two swoons! This first one is an "almost" swoon between Crowe and Jemmie. I found it swoony. Just me?)

I cut him off. "I should have walked home."

I moved past him for the living room. His hand snapped out and grabbed me by the wrist. Heat spread out from his touch, engulfing me, and I wondered if he felt it, too, this volcano that erupted between us whenever we touched. Only some of it had to do with magic, but I was already breathing it in as it snaked out in amber streaks around us, dark and dangerous and pulsing. 

He hadn't touched me purposefully in a long time.

- ARC, pages 59-60


(This is from Crowe and Jemmie's past - a flashback!)

"I miss this," I'd told him that night. "I miss you."

He'd glanced at me, his stupidly handsome face painted in the glow of the moon. I recognized that glint in his eyes right away because I felt it, too. I even had a name for it: hunger.

"Oh, Jemmie Carmichael," he'd said, and then he kissed me, hard and fast, his hands ghosting over my skin.

When he pulled away, just enough to get a breath, lick his already wet lips, I shivered and tangled my fingers in his hair, pulling him back in. 

- ARC, page 167




I adored this book! It has been a while since Jennifer Rush published a new one, and this one did not disappoint. Check out her Altered trilogy too!

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a second chance romance full of plenty of swoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I love "almost" swoons so that first one was perfect! Seriously the more I hear about this book, the more I want to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously all your Swoon Thursday excerpts make me badly want to read the books you feature. Sigh =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! I'm really excited about this one! I only ever read Altered and need to finish the series still but I did enjoy her writing a lot and these swoons sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these two paragraphs definitely very swoon worthy!! I hope you enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh great picks! This book sounds really good regardless but the swoon makes it sound even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah... I like both of them... The touch after he hasn't touched her in so long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great swoons! I plan to read this one next and am really looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for awesome swoon :D I cannot wait to read this book too, sometime soonish, after my hardcover arrives. <3 Just so glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!