Thursday, March 30, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#218): Starfall by Melissa Landers


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Starfall by Melissa Landers!


He tightened both arms around her, crushing their bodies so close there wasn't space to daw more than a gasp. He didn't care. Air didn't matter, only Cassia. It'd been so long since she'd let him hold her like this, and he would willingly suffocate if that was what it took to keep her in his arms. He tasted her mouth while squeezing her in a furious compulsion to pull her inside him. He wondered if he could ever feel close enough to her, even if they went all the way for once. Somehow he doubted it, but he desperately wanted to find out.

He kissed her hard, maybe too hard, because she broke away and panted against his lips. For a moment, he worried she might change her mind, but then she arched her hips and made a noise that said she didn't want this to end any more than he did.

- Hardcover, page 156



I loved Starflight, and so far this companion sequel is okay (though I don't think it's going to touch my obsession with Starflight). Catch my review soon!

32 comments:

  1. Me, too!!!

    But bummer it's not as good as the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still good, just not AS good as book one. :)

      Delete
  2. That is a gorgeous cover! I'm sorry it wasn't as good as the first one :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not bad! Just not as 5-star-good as book one.

      Delete
  3. Gosh i guess it has the "second book syndrome" :P Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as the first one! I've never read anything by Melissa Landers but if you're obsessed with book 1 then it must really be amazing :P!
    Kariny @kariny's boox frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I told previous visitors, it's not like this one is awful? Just not as good. I looooved Starflight, Kariny! You could read that one and stop there, since this is a companion series. ;)

      Delete
  4. I felt the same way! I liked the main characters of Starflight so much more.
    Hopefully Melissa's next book is better :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME. Solara and Doran are fire together. :D Hopefully!

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lily! Hopefully by the end of next week. ;)

      Delete
  6. sad that the second book wasn't up to what you expected. I am looking into reading Starflight soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked this one but yeah not as much as Starflight. It was okay though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love that cover. Can't wait to read your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? It's even more pretty in person. :D Thank you, Vanessa!

      Delete
  9. Aw, I love it. This is another series where I wish I had read the first book :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Starflight is so, so good. This one isn't bad either, but Starflight is amazing. <3

      Delete
  10. I have Starflight on my bookshelf ready to go. I have heard great things about it. Too bad the sequel isn't quite as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, Carole, you're in for a treat! Starflight is my favorite Landers book. This one isn't terrible but definitely not *as* good as Starflight.

      Delete
  11. I haven't read either of these, but ooh swoony quotes indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, bummer that you're not enjoying this one as much, BUT it is good to know that it's a companion and not a slumpy sequel! Does Starflight stand well on it's own then? If so, I might still go back and give it a read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think part of it is the whole best friends/"second-chance romance" thing. It's not really second-chance, but the romance is so complicated and I'm not a huge fan of some aspects. SOME.

      Starflight is a perfect standalone! Read it and stop there! It is soooo good, Becky. :D

      Delete
  13. Unsure about this swoon, but I do love this author :) And I did like book one too. <3 Just. I don't like these characters. Sniffs. But still, reading it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is awesome! Book one was a lot better than book two (I haven't finished book two but I already know). I hope you enjoy it though, Carina!

      Delete
  14. I too loved Starflight but after seeing numerous reviews online I've decided to hold off reading Starfall for now. Great swoon worthy excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I almost wish I hadn't preordered it, because it's slightly disappointing overall. :/ But still not bad? And the cover is gorgeous! I love having a beautiful matching set of hardcovers. ^_^

      Delete
  15. ooh what a delicious teaser you have here, so swoon worthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this scene! I can't wait to read this one! Also, love the cover! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!