Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday (#123): Slasher Girls & Monster Boys, edited by April Tucholke


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Slasher Girls & Monster Boys, edited by April Tucholke
Publisher: Dial Books
Publication Date: August 18, 2015

Summary (from Goodreads):

For fans of Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Lois Duncan, and Daphne Du Maurier comes a powerhouse anthology featuring some of the best writers of YA thrillers and horror 

A host of the smartest young adult authors come together in this collection of scary stories and psychological thrillers curated by Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea’s April Genevieve Tucholke.

Each story draws from a classic tale or two—sometimes of the horror genre, sometimes not—to inspire something new and fresh and terrifying. There are no superficial scares here; these are stories that will make you think even as they keep you on the edge of your seat. From bloody horror to supernatural creatures to unsettling, all-too-possible realism, this collection has something for any reader looking for a thrill.

Fans of TV’s The Walking Dead, True Blood, and American Horror Story will tear through tales by these talented authors:

Stefan Bachmann
Leigh Bardugo
Kendare Blake
A. G. Howard
Jay Kristoff
Marie Lu
Jonathan Maberry
Danielle Paige
Carrie Ryan
Megan Shepherd
Nova Ren Suma
McCormick Templeman
April Genevieve Tucholke
Cat Winters



I LOVE April's books, as well as many of the authors in this anthology. I don't read too many anthologies and I read even less horror/scary stories, but I'm excited for this one!

32 comments:

  1. Hmm... I'm not much into horror. Not sure if I would like this one. Hope you enjoy it though.
    Happy reading, Alyssa. Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, me either, but I'll read anything with April's name on it ;D Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I think this one is not up my alley. I do love books with multiple tales and authors- gives you a chance to try new tales. I just am not a fan of The Walking Dead, AHS or True Blood.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable! I don't watch TV so I don't know anything about those Shows.

      Delete
  3. OOOh nice! Definitely curious about this one too! See a lot of authors I like and one or two I still need to read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. new to me but great pick, hope you get a chance to read it soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really read horror stories, but I hope you enjoy this anthology.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very excited for this one as well looking at some of the authors! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You would be the first besides me! On this post's comments, anyway.

      Delete
  7. I'm pretty excited for this as well! What a great group of authors:-)

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I can't wait to check out each story!

      Delete
  8. I love April's writing style, but could not stand her characters in Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea. I still am really looking forward to this book as well though! (:

    Mandy's Books and Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad! I mean, this is an anthology, so it's not just April's story in this one! Lots of variety :D

      Delete
  9. This looks so creepy good and I can't wait to get my hands on it! Plus I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. With all these authors, this MUST be good, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good horror so can't wait for this one also....Great Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you 100%! I wouldn't go for a horror anthology but with the authors that are in this one, I'm really looking forward to it!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Indeed! I'm pretty excited as well :D

      Delete
  13. Yay :D Awesome pick Alyssa. <3 I'm oh so excited for this book. I adore some of the authors a whole lot, so I cannot wait to read it :D Fingers crossed we will both love it. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I've seen you enjoy a lot of these authors' books so I totally understand!

      Delete
  14. Soooo this really doesn't sound like my thing, but look at that list of authors. I'm gonna have to try it out, right? Plus it'll be good to read something different in YA. :)
    Thanks for sharing, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! If you read this one, I hope you like it, Danielle.

      Delete
  15. Ooh this looks awesome, even though I'm super terrible with scary stories, haha. But the list of authors! And I do love that a lot of the stories are inspired by classic tales (: Thanks for highlighting this, Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't do scary stories or scary movie or anything scary! But I'm intrigued by the authors of this compilation.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  16. That is such a great list of authors but I never read horror books! They get caught in my brain and then I can't sleep... I'm going to have to field reviews on this one first before I decide to see if my scaredy cat brain can handle it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! Me too! I have nightmares over the smallest things. So I understand. But I love April, and a lot of these authors :D

      Delete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!