Thursday, December 26, 2013

Review: Game For Trouble by Karen Erickson


Game For Trouble by Karen Erickson
Book Two of the Game For It series
Publisher: Brazen
Publication Date: October 28, 2013
Rating: 3 stars
Source: Kindle copy from Amazon (sent by Brazen - thank you!)

***Warning: this is an adult book, and for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

He’ll play dirty to get what he wants… Willow Cavanaugh would be happy if she never saw cocky football star Nick Hamilton again. Sure, their fling was the hottest she’d had, but he’s way too much of a playboy to settle down with one woman. Plus, she’s got her heart set on a piece of real estate for her catering business—and Nick owns that property. Nick may be at the top of his game, but all he wants is a second chance with Willow. When he offers to sell her his commercial space if she agrees to a series of dates with him, their chemistry is so scintillating that jumping back into bed seems like an inevitability. But Willow’s decided all’s fair in sex and blackmail. Little does she know, Nick’s playing to win…and she’s the prize.

What I Liked:

First, thank you to the lovely Brazen publicist (looking at you, Jessica!) that gifted me a Kindle copy of this novel! That was so sweet, and she did not have to do that. I'm glad she did though! I had the opportunity to read this book, and while I didn't *love* it, I appreciate the thought. Thank you!

This novel features Willow and Nick. Willow is kind of uptight, but she's determined to run her business on her own, without her father's money. Nick happens to be the owner of the building she wants to rent, and she has to make a business deal with him to get what she wants for her business. Nick agrees to her conditions, but she must do something for him: go out with him eight times (or was it nine? Go out with him for a fixed number of dates).

This book follows the dates that Willow and Nick go on. I love the thought and creativity that Nick puts into the dates. Years ago, Willow's father forced Nick to break up with Willow. Years later, Nick is determined to have her back. He's a good man - he thinks about what Willow wants, and not just what he wants.

The romance and chemistry in this book is pretty steamy, but it's not one of the steamier Brazen novels I've read. I liked it, for the most part, but I expected more. I had problems with Willow, which contributed to my problems with the chemistry and romance.

But, the novel was a pretty okay novel. The ending was happy! Happy endings are great.

What I Did Not Like:

I had huge problems with Willow, which is why this book gets the low rating that it does. I pretty much flat-out hated Willow. She is insane, she leads Nick on a merry chase, a stupid dance, and she is ungrateful. She blames Nick for EVERYTHING, even AFTER she finds out that Nick left her only because her father forced him to break up with her. She's so annoying! And selfish! And rude! Horrible human being.

I mean, I totally get that she wants to be Ms. Independent Businesswoman or whatever, but she can't appreciate a good thing if it were staring her in the face. Which it was. In the form of Nick Hamilton.

Poor Nick. He deserved better. He spent all that time wooing a woman who is ungrateful. Blehh.

Would I Recommend It:

Err, not really. Yes and no. It was worth the read, but don't go breaking your neck for this one. For the most part, I love Brazen books, and there are plenty of awesome ones out there. Try a different Brazen book!

Rating:

3 stars. Pretty good, but not mind-blowing. I enjoyed the book though!


Was this review helpful? Please let me know in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!