Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday (#290): The Antidote by Shelley Sackier


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


The Antidote by Shelley Sackier
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: February 5, 2019

Summary (from Goodreads):

Magic is not allowed, under any circumstances — even if it could save someone’s life. Instead, there are herbal remedies and traditional techniques that have been painstakingly recorded in lieu of using the mystical arts. Fee knows this, so she keeps her magic a secret.

Except her best friend, Xavi, is deathly ill. He’s also the crown prince. Saving him is important, not only for her, but for the entire kingdom.

Fee’s desperation to save her friend means she can barely contain the magic inside her. And after the tiniest of slips, Fee is thrust into a dark and secretive world that is as alluring as it is dangerous.

If she gives in, it could mean she can save Xavi. But it also means that those who wish to snuff out magic might just snuff her out in the process.



Doesn't this sound fantastic? And look at that gorgeous cover! The designer (Jessie Gang) and the artist (Lisa Perrin) are amazing!

14 comments:

  1. I always love stories that involve magic that is forbidden and of course her best friend is the crown prince. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh interesting! That's a new to me one! Love the cover too!! There's always something beautiful about the covers that are peopleless! Lol. Hope you enjoy it once you get to read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, love the premise and cover too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this sounds fantastic. I hadn't heard of it before, so thanks for sharing. It really does have an amazing cover - so pretty!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this sounds amazing! And I love this style of cover, I could just stare at it all day😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cover is just stunning!

    Here's our WOW: http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2018/07/waiting-on-wednesday-dance-of-thieves.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! I love the sound of this book! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, yes, excited for this one, too! Love that cover, and I'm always game for some forbidden magic! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both the synopsis and the cover are totally wins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, the cover is definitely pretty! And the description sounds intriguing too!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cover is SO pretty! And I'm down for anything high fantasy. ;)

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not heard much about this book at all.. hmm. But that cover is pretty great and sounds like a good book too :D Hope you'll love it sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!