Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday (#282): Fire & Heist by Sarah Beth Durst


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Fire & Heist by Sarah Beth Durst
Publisher: Crown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: December 4, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads):

In Sky Hawkins's family, leading your first heist is a major milestone--even more so than learning to talk, walk, or do long division. It's a chance to gain power and acceptance within your family, and within society. But stealing your first treasure can be complicated, especially when you're a wyvern--a human capable of turning into a dragon.

Embarking on a life of crime is never easy, and Sky discovers secrets about her mother, who recently went missing, the real reason her boyfriend broke up with her, and a valuable jewel that could restore her family's wealth and rank in their community.

With a handpicked crew by her side, Sky knows she has everything she needs to complete her first heist, and get her boyfriend and mother back in the process. But then she uncovers a dark truth about were-dragon society--a truth more valuable and dangerous than gold or jewels could ever be.



New Sarah Beth Durst book! I loved Vessel and can't wait to read this new YA book. It sounds really cool!

10 comments:

  1. Dragons and a thieving family with secrets. Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! I just saw this somewhere the other day! Hope you enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just approved for this yesterday on NetGalley so I'm pretty darn excited too! Great choice😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds like it could be a fun read. I love the idea of a mix with some dragons! I hope you get to read this one Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She can turn into a dragon?! How awesome is that!!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've become such a huge fan of hers! I was just approved for the eARC on NetGalley, so I'm excited too :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, I like that cover a little :D Pretty. <3 I have not read any books by this author.. but I love that you have read a bunch of them :D Hope you'll end up loving this one Alyssa. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!