Thursday, March 22, 2018

Swoon Thursday (#269): The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin!


I tilted my head up and asked, "What would you do if I kissed you right now?"

He pretended to think about it for an obnoxious amount of time before saying, "I would kiss you back."

I'd been surviving on crumbs for so long - thoughts of him, memories of us. But now, with him here and close and willing, I realized I'd been starving.

I wrapped my hands around his neck and kissed him softly. His hand grazed the hem of my shirt, and when I felt his skin on mine it was like a storm beneath his fingertips, the rolling of clouds, the snapping of lighting. All at once it was too much and not enough, and I arched against him and kissed him harder, roughly.

You think it can't get worse than wanting someone and not having them, but it can. You can want someone, have them, and want them more. Still. Always. You can never get enough.

We broke apart to breathe, our foreheads still touching. He didn't say he loved me. He didn't need to. I could feel it in the way he pressed my palm against hi neck. His eyes were closed, and my heart turned over. He needed me too.

- Hardcover, page 442




I'm finishing up this series and OMG the swoonage in this book! Mostly towards the end, but still. Finally! I can't wait to read The Becoming of Noah Shaw. Hopefully there is even more swoonage!

8 comments:

  1. I like that line about it getting worse. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh definitely some good swoon here. I'm glad you're enjoying the series!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is swoon worthy! I can't wait to see your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "We broke apart to breathe, our foreheads still touching. He didn't say he loved me. He didn't need to. I could feel it in the way he pressed my palm against hi neck. His eyes were closed, and my heart turned over. He needed me too." Gah! That last part especially <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That page count is rough... It is probably the biggest reason I still have not read this book. Really looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is definitley a swoony scene. My daughter loved this series and I should try to get to it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a swoon worthy scene....hope you are enjoying this one. I have heard many good things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eee, YAY for loving this third book :D And yessss for tons of swoon :D That is THE BEST. <3 I know some things about this book, haha ;) And I'm just so excited to finally get to read it this year too. Thank you for sharing lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!