Thursday, July 27, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#235): The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones!


"Can I try something?" she asked. The words spoken aloud helped drown out her inner voice.

James looked at her. His face was serious when he answered, "Anything."

Her fingers fumbled for his shoulder, and she angled him toward her. He looked confusedly at her, but then Dee rose on the tips of her toes. She grabbed his jacket in her fist.

When she kissed him, his mouth tasted of rainwater, fresh and sharp, and the heat of his mouth was a startling contrast to the chill along her skin. He made a soft sound of surprise, but then a groan rose in his chest.

This was nothing like their first kiss - all hesitancy and fumbling attraction. It was raw and needy, a desperate desire for reassurance before stepping off a ledge into the unknown. His left hand, the one not holding the umbrella, found the small of her back and pulled her closer. He felt sturdy, warm, and solid. She tried to draw some of his wild courage into herself, and he responded in kind, his lips moving hungrily against hers. It was heady, this knowledge that he wanted her, that he had seen all of her broken edges and still thought her desirable. 

- ARC, page 277




I loved this book! It's strange and intriguing - and there is a swoony romance. Win!

8 comments:

  1. The more I hear about this book the more I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this book! James and Dee were both wonderful. Great swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh great teaser! It definitely does sounds like an intriguing and swoony read! I've read one Lloyd-Jones book and enjoyed it, I really should check this one out, too! Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh such a wonderful teaser...I love those first awkward kisses that pulls you in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a wonderful swoony snippet!! I love the sound of this book, and that scene is so gorgeous <3

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words


    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh. I like this swoon a lot :D But rude. Now you have made me really want this book. RUUUUDE. Thank you for sharing Alyssa :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The more I hear about this book, the more I want to read it! Excellent swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow... I like that this kiss is a little more intimate! Awesome swoon!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!